Tuesday 12 January 2016

Seoul-ly Ours Nov 2015 - Day 7 & 8

We are getting to the end of  Seoul-ly Ours Nov 2015 posts. :( Now that this post is on Day 7 and 8, I will conclude my entire trip in the next post. I have been delaying my writing as I do not wish to "end" my Seoul trip yet. It probably sounds silly as the trip had already ended when we returned. Well, it didn't end for us as we were still reminiscing about the good times when we are writing these posts. Now that it is getting to end of my writing, my memory starts to get a little fuzzy and sad. 


Day 7

First on our itinerary was Seolleung Royal Tomb. I like scenic places and I do want to take a look at their royal tombs. Moreover, it was where Bec took her winning photo so I wanted to ter her by going to the exact same spot for a winning photo too. Haha.

I guess Bec had enough of me photobombing her so it was her turn. Must be cannot tahan me anymore.

When I heard that it was a royal tomb, I was expecting a very secluded place with slight spookiness. Yet, this royal tomb was located in the middle of a bustling neighbourhood. In fact, if I didn't know better, I would think that it was a park, a normal park.

So you have to pay a nominal admission fee to get into this park. I can accept the fact since it is a royal tomb, I guess it can be classified as a tourist attraction. Since it is a tourist attraction, it needs to collect some fee for maintenance right. Yet, I was surprised when I saw so many Koreans strolling in the park during their lunch break. I thought it must had been free for them but they had to pay too. There are actually people paying to stroll in a nice park on a cooling day. Maybe the Koreans do visit in summer but the inner polar bear me will only do this when the weather is cool.



Bec had been telling me about the stairways - the spirit stairway (meant for spirits) and the normal stairway (meant for us).



The spirit way.

If you had walked from this direction, you would not know that you are not supposed to. But then again, usually people walk towards the building and not away from the building. So chances of you committing the same mistake should be low (unless you are Bec).

The Tomb.

Nice place. Nice view for the deceased King.

A pity that the tomb was partially barricaded so we could not take a full frontal shot. It would be nice and impressive.

Our trip was a little too early into the season so the leaves had yet to turn into the beautiful autumn/ winter colours.





Our Black and White OOTD.

We were just walking around the park in peace with random jokes and teasing at each other when 2 ladies approached us to take a photo for them. We did and they wanted to reciprocate our kindness by 'forcing' us to take a picture together. They were really nice to find a good angle and lighting for us though.

After the walk, I had accumulated so much sand in my shoes that I had to empty them before leaving. While in the midst of doing that, I was talking so loudly that I embarrassed Bec in the public but that Korea man also one kind one la. Got so interested in our conversation that you need to move and stand beside us anot???

Lunch @ Sinsadong. Super hungry! This was also one of the days when I was feeling really hungry but Bec told me first thing in the morning 'We will only eat after the royal tomb.' Thoughts such as 'You want me to die from hunger?' 'When can we eat?' were racing through my mind till we were done with the park.

After lunch, we just roamed around Sinsadong till it was time for us to make our way to Myeingdong for our Kimchi class.

Us in the traditional costume before Kimchi class.

When we arrived at the Kimchi class, we saw a family wearing these costumes and taking photos. I thought the class provided side business as well but actually, all students get to try on one costume for some pictures before the class.

You would think that making kimchi is easy right? I thought so too. Just take some paste and rub rub the cabbage can liao ma. I totally forgot about cutting the radish and what not. For someone who can't even hold a knife properly, I probably needed 1 hour to cut that chuck of radish into fine strips.

This family is a family of chefs or what sia??? Even the young chap cuts really fast and well. When I was just into my 5th cut, these people were already done with their chuck of radish. All radish were equal size one leh. Why you all so FAST?! So we had to speed up and I end up with radish chips.

The teacher could not bear to look at mine so she helped me with the cutting. TSK! I got not enough time what!!!

After all the cutting, rubbing, massaging etc, each of us got to bring home our own pack of kimchi. My very own one with the radish chips. Haha.

On a side note, the kimchi class was located beside a plastic surgery or aesthetic clinic. I peeked in through the entrance and it reminded me of our GP clinic. The number of patients in this clinic were as many as the number of patients in our GP clinic on any other evening. Interesting phenomenon.


Kimchi class ended early for the day and we chilled the night at Twosome cafe.

After the coffee break, we headed home to prepare for Club Syndrome. Despite all the preparations on Bec's end, we cancelled the plan. Actually, I felt bad cause I know I made Bec cancel the club night. I mean I was really tired and Bec was only into her face mask at 11pm. Based on our usual preparation time required, I am very sure we will only step out of the house at 1am. Late la~ After mentally calculating the time, I went like 'Like that what time then go out?' I immediately regretted saying that. I think that offended Bec as well. Then she decided to call the night off. So night 7 was spent sleeping in.


Day 8

Though we slept early the previous night, I do not remember waking up feeling super refreshed. I probably woke up feeling not so tired. Simi idea.

We were going to a NEW place. I came across this place when I was googling for new places to go. After 2 trips, we had covered most of the tourist stuff so we needed new spots. I chanced upon Common Ground but did not read into details. All I remembered was containers and shopping. I sent Bec the list and she was game for it. I guess she read up even more cause she told me the stuff there are slightly on the high end.

I had no idea what Common Ground was about. I thought it would probably be flea market style but in containers and by the sea. Hahahaha. By the sea, cause SG containers are by the waters one mah. Sua gu dao~

After the usual morning routine, we arrived at Common Ground. Looks pretty nice and neat from the outside.

I like the exterior espeically that big blue wall below 'Common Ground'. I think it makes a superb OOTD backdrop.

These containers are so neatly lined/ stacked and numbered. Totally different from my imagination. I imagined the containers to be beige and randomly scattered over a fenced compound. Haha.

The interior.

Shops selling the usual female apparel (different from those found at Hongdae etc but more expensive. Way more expensive, like S$70 for a denim skirt), guys clothings, shoes, make-ups, bags, accessories etc.

Really cool display at the entrance. Confirm is youngster hangout but at a out-of-nowhere location.

Some alien exhibition whereby they alienised everything including iron man (which I been calling it Ultraman in Korea. I dunno why too. Even Astro Boy became Ultraman in Korea) etc.

After combing the ladies section, we went over to the guys' side. Boring.

In the middle of the compound, there were 4 food trunks. I love food trucks. Based on the influence from TV shows, they are supposed to sell GOOD FOOD! Ok, TV and reality are 2 different things k.

I was so hungry that I needed and wanted  to eat from these food trunks but I think Bec wanted to eat at our next destination. I was like 'eat a bit snack first la'.

While waiting for our deep-fried disappointing food.

I can't remember where we went after Common Ground though. I only remembered it was a long journey back and I was feeling really tired. I didn't want to sleep cause I felt that Bec would be equally tired and she might want to nap too. Despite thinking so, I fell asleep the very next second.

Once again, we went back to Sinsadong. I had no recollection what we did before our massage. We probably went to buy Bec's jacket and oogled (me only) the guy who was giving out freebies. Haha.

After that much of walking, we really needed a good foot and body massage. If not for the accumulated walking and tiredness, I would not want to have any (more) massage in Korea. I feel is not nice la.

Headed home and prepared for Club Octagon. Just before leaving for Octagon, Bec made me drink the "hangover" drink (which was actually just energy booster like red bull). I can't remember if I finished the whole bottle. All I know was I was super hyper when I reached the club. I didn't even drink any alcohol but every inch of my body was ready to dance. Even though Bec was feeling slightly down and I knew it, I could not control my happy emotions. WTF did you ask me to drink??? 

We had 2 hours of fun before Dan joined us.

We spent most of our time at the main dance floor before spending a little time in the hip hop or R&B room. Dan loved the music here and was 'rolling' the night away. He was so busy 'rolling' that he literally forgot about our existence. 

A 10 seconds snippet of my favourite music for the night. 

After the first 2 trips, I told myself to record my favourite piece so that I can still listen to "korean" music while in SG. I love their edm. Don't care about the orientation k.

The night ended well. :)

No comments: