Tuesday 29 December 2015

Seoul-ly Ours Nov 2015 - Day 6

Day 6

Day 6 could easily be one of our most packed and tiring day. We have Everland, Language Exchange event and drinks @ Y1975.  Just listing them alone already makes me feel tired. Considering the distance and the limited time, it seemed a challenge to check all these. 

Bec really wanted to visit Everland. I knew she wanted to visit some zoo thingy in Everland but I had no idea what she was talking about. I had been to Everland donkey years ago but I had no recollection of animals in Everland. Anyway, I was sold to the idea when she mentioned it was featured in Running Man. Anything featured in Running Man goes well with me.


So we woke up early, prepared and took a long train ride before changing to a bus to get to Everland. While queuing for the bus, we were excited about it being our first bus ride. Yet we were disappointed as it was not the usual public bus, it was just a designated coach catered solely for Everland. I had yet to fulfill the dream of taking a public bus in Korea. I probably fell asleep in the bus journey (again).

I just had to take a picture of this tree as it was featured in Running Man before!

After getting the tickets, we headed straight for Zootopia. Bec had made it very clear that she was not going to take any rides so I had no intention to take any ride, especially with someone who is not genuinely excited about the rides.

Bec was like feeling jittery about this very mild cable ride and that was when I realised she was afraid of height(?). Damn question mark la. Didn't she take all the rides in USS like Galatica? I know it was work obligations but since she could overcome whatever fear she had/has, she could still do it now right??? Anyway, I am easy-going so I did not force her.

The way down to Zootopia. Just when we were reaching, I think I told Bec to jump off the seat. Haha.

The first animal that greeted us was the polar bear and it coincided with its feeding time. The zookeeper was throwing the chucks of meat to the polar bear. It started with the polar bear standing on dry land enjoying his piece of meat. Then the zookeeper threw the next piece nearer to the water. Reluctant to get its body wet, the polar bear just stretched his paw a little forward to scoop the meat out from the water. The zookeeper seemed to have the agenda to get the polar bear wet or to get it to "work" for its food so the zookeeper threw the next piece of meat even deeper into the water. You could see that this really pissed the polar bear off cause it turned to 'diao' the zookeeper before moving itself into the water. Hungry so no choice right. By the end of the feeding, the polar bear was already swimming in the water for its lunch.

You might be thinking 'Go until Korea to go zoo ah?!' I probably had the same idea too but I can tell you... It is different!!! In Singapore Zoo, you always see only ONE white tiger, ONE orange tiger, ONE male and ONE female lion etc in their respective enclosures. The ONE count of the species continued throughout the entire zoo. In Korea, in Everland, I have never sees THAT MANY number of a single species in ONE SINGLE enclosure.

Super many of whatever this is in their enclosure.

Super many cute little foxesy running around also.

Then we took the bus ride to see many more animals in the 'open'. So amazing that I wanted to go again or even just to ride the bus again.

This is my favourite part! These bears were trained to listen to the drivers' commands and perform certain tricks to entertain us. The bears could be chasing the bus on their hind legs, turning around in circles or just enjoying the snacks that the driver threw out to them. Amazing to see these interactions at such close proximity.

After Zootopia, we cabled back to explore other parts of Everland.

We walked past this tiny arcade where we had a try at shooting. I had no idea how this worked. Did it go by the number of times that your darts hit the soft toy or did it count by how many soft toys were knocked off? Anyway, their staff super bo chap so we also anyhow lah.

Bec tried first but no luck.

Then my turn and I was lucky to hit one soft toy down.

Our prize was this little white chick which I presented to Bec as a gift. She requested for it also. Birthday trip, birthday gift but she broke it in like 5 seconds...... Could it be any faster???

Then we spotted the carousel and I wanted to have a go at it. Other than being ji siao (I just needed to take that similar picture. It is a need ah, not want.), Carousel is just so magical and mesmerizing. I need a boyfriend to take the carousel with me at night with all the lights but Everland closes so early leh.

Randomly sealing our friendship love. I think this was some love corner for couples. It had nice backdrop and benches for couples to take their loving shot. We are also loving but we didn't want to take the boring couple shot.

Bec, nobody travel all the way to Korea to visit some LINE store to take picture with the LINE characters right??? Haha. Definitely not us. I am definitely not a fan of LINE. Like seriously, simi fan sia. But there is THE need to take a picture of LINE and we had to make it a little interesting than any other LINE pictures.

I just had to photobomb her when she wanted to be cute in her selfie.

Next time... Let's buy one of these and wear right from the beginning around the whole park.

It didn't seem like we did a lot in Everland but somehow, we were there till evening time, till almost closing time. Once again, we took the bus back. Since the bus was full, Bec kindly (and always) gave the only available seat to me. She was equally tired as well so she settled herself down on the step. Both of us napped the way back.

Next on the itinerary on Language Exchange in Gangnam. We travelled to the cafe and decided to give it a miss at the very last minute. I am not exactly sure what was Bec's reason for deciding not to go. By then, I was not too keen to go as we were meeting Dan and David for dinner. Yes yes, I was looking forward to meeting them plus we also didn't really have that much time to go for a fruitful language exchange and yet, still be on time for dinner with the guys. 

We spent some time chilling at a cafe before fulfilling our hunger with some street food. I like this new eating experience. It is similar to pojang macha and lok lok (haha) but you eat while standing. I think one of the 2 guys standing at the other side was cute. Haha.

Despite us skipping the language exchange event, we were still an hour late in meeting Dan and David. I felt so paiseh being so late as it was our first time meeting David. These 2 guys frequent this area so often that they are able to decide on the place very quickly. 

We settled ourselves down in the alfresco area on the 2nd floor. We were initially seated very near to the heater and I would also prefer us to be seated near to the heater. I mean... The weather was cold. Singapore has no cold weather. I cannot take cold etc BUT the heater was SO HOT!!! When Bec asked if I wanted to switch to another table, my mind was having a debate. 

Stay here as it will get colder into the night.

Change table cause your head and brain are melting!

Before I could answer, Dan could feel that I was already melting so we changed to a table further away from the heater. It was definitely a good move to switch table but it really got colder later into the night.


The night started well and could not end any better.I think the company made up for the absence of the language exchange and Y1975. We didn't have to break any ice with David. David himself was the ice breaker. 

Similar to Dan, David grew up in the States but he is still a Korean by nationality working in Seoul. Though Dan and David are BFF, they are nowhere similar. Dan is quiet and reserved while David is just so loud and lively. He hypers everything up.

David totally captured our full attention for the entire night. He stole all the limelight and we could not 'see' Dan for the night unless he reminded us of his presence. We had a good time listening to David cursing in Mandarin, sharing how Chinese girls will go gaga over him (or Koreans), laughing over how he made fun of Dan carrying his 'purse', introducing him to the book 'The Game' so that he can sian the girl he got to know at a friend's party, telling him how it was a pity that he missed the chance of meeting the girl again etc.

The night ended on a happy note for David, Bec and myself, maybe slightly less so for Dan as he was struggling with his "purse" at the end of the night.

A new gem place discovered tonight and it is going into our must-visit places. Let's explore this new area together in the day and night!

Walk and walk and walk... But I am loving all the walking in this cool weather.

P/S: What is the chance of bumping into someone you know in a foreign country? What is the chance of bumping into a Korean in Korea when you probably only know 1 or 2 Koreans? Too many decimals. I have no idea it is lucky or suay sia? Whatever case it is, this is my best night.

No comments: