Sunday 31 May 2015

Seoul is addictive! - Day 1

Travelling to South Korea with Bec started off as a casual remark. I knew she wanted 'me' time in South Korea and knew she may not bring us along but I just wanted to ji siao her by asking again. Eventually, she jio-ed us last Nov and Yvon and I went spent 5D4N in South Korea. We had lots of fun, so much shopping fun, so much laughter and so much clubbing fun that I wanted to extend our stay on our 1st night. During our 'debrief' on our last day, we made plans for the 2nd trip. Crazy, isn't it?

We returned back to South Korea in just 6 months. The initial and main objective was to club. Nah~ No one would truly understand the hype about their clubs unless you have been there. It is not as what you people think. It is not about the guys. It is not about 'what happens in Korea stays in Korea'. Their entire clubbing scene together with the hype music, elevated DJ console and celebrity-alike DJs just hype up everything. I never had so much urge to dance or have fun in clubs till we went to Ellui for the 1st time. 

Anyway, the 3 of us spent the past 6 months planning for this 10D9N trip. Super crazy! We were so determined to club that we have to spend 2 weekends on solid clubbing. Not forgetting that we even made clubbing plans for Busan and pubbing. Haha. A lot of pre-work were involved from accommodation to air tickets to itinerary to OOTD. 

I needed a getaway desperately as well and I was super looking forward to these 10 days of 'me' time. Not exactly me-me but I know I do not have to think of anything for 10 solid days. 

So here are the both of us flying off from SG. Same timing flight on a Friday wee morning. I was looking forward to a good sleep on flight as per the last trip but I didn't sleep more than 3 hours in total. It's either the excitement or the seat but I reckon it's the seat. And that was where all the tiredness for the trip began.

Knowing of the time difference between Yvon's and our flight, we are much more organised. Yvon told us the time and meet-up point in advance. The only hiccup is that there is NO Dunkin Donuts at the airport. Luckily, the HK woman did not oversleep (again) and came to find us at the so-called Dunkin Donuts.

Since our accomodation is just 3 minutes away from Seoul station, we decided to travel via the airport express train (I think) instead of taxi. The train ride probably took 45 minutes.

It was a very different journey compared to our last trip. We were so happy to see each other and be in good-looking land last Nov that we talked non-stop in the 1 hour cab ride. It's either the excitement had died down or we were just too tired or we were preserving our energy. I fell asleep within the first 5 seconds.

I 'stole' this picture from Bec. I was so deep in sleep that Yvon had to wake me up. I was only awake for a miserable 5 seconds that I had no idea what scenery passed us in that 45 minutes. It was a good nap though. :)

After dropping our luggage, we headed straight for their public bathhouse which is like within 10 minutes walk from our place. Super convenient! I must say our location is superb! It is so near to the metro station, near to public bathhouse, just opposite lotte mart, tons of eateries and a convenient store just downstairs.

I always wanted to visit their public bathhouse. It's quite an eye-opener. First, you have to pay the entrance fee in exchange for a set of their clothes. You will have to deposit all shoes, clothes and bag in a locker. Your very first stop will be the giant changing room whereby everyone just change in front of everyone. Awkward but not so for the locals. They are used to it. We did change discreetly in the open and the silliest thing is there is a toilet at the back so we could have changed in the toilet if we wanted to.

After changing, we headed straight for lunch. Can't remember what we bought but probably rice and noodle stuff. Not forgetting the must-have eggs. Did we really want to eat them? NO!!! They tasted weird. But we just need to buy and crack the eggs on one another's forehead. Had a good laugh!!!

We went to explore the place after lunch. Well, it is basically a place whereby people went over to relax and rest so we had to whisper almost all the time. Torturous. So we went into the different rooms of different temperatures. Bec and I could only tahan till 50 degree while Yvon is very strong. She went into the 'baking room' which was like 80 degree. I wanted to 'hiong' also but the heat (that kissed your face when you very first opened the door) just pushed me out of the door. Haha. So I gave up. After going to all these 'hot' rooms, we went to the cold room. Will be really cold if that is your first room. Since we went to the 'hot' rooms first, we felt very comfortable in the cold room. Just cooling.

After all the rooms, we had the thought of exploring the water bath area but you have to be totally naked! Totally naked is still okay. The jialat part is you have to remove all clothing at the 1st floor before moving down to the bath area located at the basement. I took a peek into the bath area. Too (R)ated for the comfort of my eyes so Bec and I gave up while Yvon went alone.

I think we R&R too long at the bathhouse that our schedule overrun AGAIN!!! 

We booked an apartment instead of a hotel. I much prefer our accomodation this round. Each of us had a queen size bed, a mirror, a lot more room space for our luggages and shopping loots and is cheaper than a hotel. It even comes with portable wifi so we were online all the time. The only downside is that it came with only 1 security key so we kinda had to be together all the time.

Changed into our polka dots ootd and we are ready to hit the streets!

I forgot to bring my night jacket and since we thought that it wouldn't be cold during the day, I brought along my cardigan only. It was cold on the first night and they accompanied me to search high and low for a functional jacket. After much trying, I settled for a navy blue jacket. I didn't like it that much but it slowly grew on me. :)

As usual, our schedule got delayed and we had to rush through Myeongdong to get the necessities. Laziness kicked in as well and we went to style our hair again. In order to be 'on time' for our long-awaited clubbing, we skipped dinner and settled for street food. It's okay to be starving but not okay to be late for clubbing. Haha.

Our 1st stop for the trip - Ellui. Confirm safe bet but we arrived too early. Apparently, the party only starts at 1am but we reached at 11ish pm. Not only did we arrive early at a relatively empty and quiet club, we even had to queue! The only consolation is that it wasn't cold. Imagine queueing in Nov, we would end up killing each other. So we kickstarted the night by buying shots before the club became alive!

Party starts! Awesome music but not so amazing crowd this time. Why not handsome already ah? Or our expectations became unrealistic? I had super bad luck as I kept tio the cheena people. The girls keep telling me I either need a flower bath or step over a fire stove. Suay but still fun. I went soul-less after a glass of vodka. Had no idea it was neat. Did my soul return? Yup, intermittently. Haha.

I think we went for 酒醒汤 at around 5ish am. I remember I exclaimed very loudly 'wah! So bright ah!' when I stepped out of the club. It was already as bright as SG 7am. Anyway, I drifted in between soul-less and sleepiness before falling into deep sleep on the cab. I was so tired that I KO once we reached home.

No comments: