Sunday 7 December 2014

Seoul Fantastic 2014 - Day 4

4th OOTD - Button top

Ok~  I played cheat here lah. I wanted to wear my pastel pink button shirt but I will have to match it with jeans. My jeans are pretty tight and I didn't want to have the tight jeans and boots combination. I mean we are on hols so we should be dressed comfortably right? I spent 2 nights before I decide on my grey long cardigan. It is not exactly a button shirt as we agreed but it has LOTS of buttons!

With and without our coats.

Very chio in Korea hor~ Everyone said so. Haha. And the wintery weather gave us very lasting make-up and nice hair throughout.

Was supposed to be @ Insadong on day 3 but our itinerary was messed up. We rescheduled Insadong to Day 4 and that of course means we messed up Day 4 schedule again.

We took a leisure walk around Insadong, enjoying the breeze and scenery.


Once again, Bec had craving for the King's dessert and we were contemplating to buy some back to SG as well. There were 3 staff at the stall. Before we saw the 3rd guy, we were only talking to 1 out of the 2. Reason is very simple - he was cuter than his colleague. I don't think anyone of us looked at the lonely chap. While the-one-we-have-been-talking-to guy was asking for our orders, the 3 of us went into a good 3 seconds freeze. Haha. 3 seconds freeze as we were all staring at the 3rd guy. He bears a very strong resemblance to Ming Dao!

I was the first one to snap out of it and I brought the girls back to reality by confirming the orders. Of course, Bec niao-ed me for spoiling her 'moment' with Ming Dao lookalike. Hello! I had no choice cause the-one-we-have-been-talking-to guy was staring at us with the inner thought 'What are you girls doing? Got so handsome anot?!?!?!' Haha.

So we continued with a little walk before lunch.

Lunch was jajangmyeon at some random chinese restaturant. 

It happened to my detox day so it is either the food wasn't fantastic or I was just making too many trips to the toilet. Question mark also. We went to a dunno is chinese or hongkong or whatever fusion restaurant for jajangmyeon. I personally find it disappointing la.

3 of us wanted to play baseball so we managed to fulfill this wish for everyone. Not easy leh. I thought I will be okay as I was pretty during JC times. So it is either I have aged or the ball is way faster (since it is machine operated). Anyway, I bruised myself after 3 swings. Pain until want to give up.

So I took very pretty shots for the ladies. Bec very chio right??? No edit, no filter.

 Yvon always look good in pictures.

And then!!! Our dear Bec took this for me. Wah piang! Okay, I didn't check la but I didn't expect her  photography skills too be so way off from mine. Wah lau, she is selfie expert leh,

Sad dao~~~ 

We left Insadong after raiding the 10,000 won bag shop. Haha. Our next stop is Lotte World and it was a relatively long train ride. There happened to have 2 seats so Yvon and Bec rested while I kept a lookout for our destination. Bec gave me a (outdated) subway map and informed me of our destination stop @ Jamsil. I knew her map is outdated so when we stopped @ Jamsillaru, I woke Bec up in a panic attempt to confirm the destination. Both are Jamsil ma. My fault here for giving her such a rude shock and the sleepy and confused Bec agreed with me. So the panic started with us having to grab our shopping bags from the floor and dashed out of the train. Yvon attempted to help to grab the shopping bags but you know lah...the more you panic, the more parallax error there is. So Yvon failed. Fail - never mind leh but SHE DASHED OUT!!! For that split moment, Bec and I just looked at each other in disbelief. Haha. So I attempted to help Bec as well but I dashed out after grabbing only 1 bag. Haha. I was tuned by Yvon. I believed I did better as I grabbed at least 1 bag before running off. So we left the poor sleepy Bec to grab the remaining 2 bags and narrowly escaped the closing train door. We are not reliable friends.

Had a good laugh before arriving at Lotte World.


Yvon and I wanted to take rides but roller coaster was closed for maintenance. We settled for Viking. I managed to snap a few pictures before the Viking went all vertical.

I think we took 2 neoprints before and there was a period of time we promised to take 1 every year but seriously, who is so free and remember right???

So the very old us took 1 in Korea.

Then we moved outside.

We didn't take anymore rides. 

Told the girls to take a star jump picture and they all obliged (out of my expectations). It is amazing, isn't it? I said star jump but it turned out so differently. That probably explains our brains work as well.

So we spent some time chit chatting in Lotte World before making a move for our next destination.

So Day 4 is Bec's birthday eve and there should be a party! To our worst horror, Ellui was not opened!!! So we spent our remaining time in Lotte World and the train ride back to Myeongdong looking for a happening club that is open on a Monday night!!! We could not find one and our hearts literally sank. No joke cause I was seriously very disappointed. We were that determined to be out partying that Bec and I spent the train journey searching for a club/ pub/ bar that is open. Come on. Don't tell me that Koreans do not have happy hours. There must be a bar/ pub open in like their CBD right?!?! 

While Bec and I were immersed in our search engines, we left Yvon to keep a look out for our destination. At one point, both of us asked Yvon if we are there yet. Her reply was '2-3 more stops' so we went back to our search engines again. It was a hoax/ facade or whatever you can call it. The very next stop was our destination and Yvon only realised it after the subway had stopped at the station for a while. After realising that we had reached, Yvon went 'I think it is this stop' and she DASHED out again. Bec and I took a while to withdraw from our phones and ran out but leaving the shopping bags in the subway. Lucky for us though as the kind passengers alerted Bec about the shopping bags. Once again, Bec narrowly escaped the closing door. Sigh...

So we arrived in Myeongdong for some last minute shopping and dinner. Dinner was really soso but we had a good laugh.

As usual, Bec likes a group picture during meal times. She told us to hold our cups and we did. However, we did not comprehend her instructions completely and have the cups next to our mouths/ faces. Bec wanted the cups to be in the middle. 

So we placed our cups in the middle while I whispered to Yvon 'Withdraw your hand when Bec counts 1, 2, 3'. Bec heard me and niao-ed me so I (sincerely) told Yvon not to do it. Just when Bec was counting 1, 2, 3, Yvon withdrew her hand! Bec followed suit cause she didn't want to be sabo-ed. I was the last to do so and went laughing hysterically (as above).

3 crazy women.

After going through the heart breaks of all clubs (that we wanted to go) are not open, we managed to find Monkey Beach and so we settled for it.

Think Monkey Beach will become a disco during weekends or something but during weekdays nights, it is just like a bar/ pub with pool table, soccer table, darts etc. We made some korean friends and had fun challenging each other to the games.

We left Monkey Beach for some soju plus beer and friend chicken. Just nice that I was feeling hungry.


We had good fun during supper. These korean guys are pretty sporting and humorous, especially Ah Pa with his ji siao-ness and jokes.

Pubbing didn't end any earlier than clubbing.

No comments: