Thursday 11 December 2014

Seoul Fantastic - Day 5

Blue Day and it is the day for Yvon and I.

Since pubbing didn't end any earlier, we were all equally tired after that few hours of sleep. Not forgetting that we have to check out at 11am (which we happily thought that it is 12 noon), we have to find time to pack our luggage. Knowing that I will never have enough time to apply make-up and pack my luggage, I didn't bother with the make-up. Well, I have to be at the airport at 4ish pm so I will only spending only a couple of hours on Korea streets. Not much reason to put make-up and only to remove again at airport. So Korea made do with my concealer only face for that few hours. Haha.

Us and Bec's mustard muffler.

Recently, she has this unusual love for mustard. All of us were supposed to get her a birthday present and we were tasked to buy something for her in Korea. Since Bec is not into brands, it is quite difficult to buy anything for her. I am not saying that we are all generous or only care for brands but when you have a group of more than 6 people, what can you buy with a couple of hundreds of dollars? We had a real headache in Korea and eventually, we gave up buying anything and passed the task back to those in SG.

When we were mad shopping in Myeongdong the night before, Yvon chanced upon the mustard muffler which Bec had been wanting to buy for the longest time. So we hurriedly bought it together with a 3D birthday card and hid it in my shopping bags. Since we were rushed for time, we split up to grab the last minute stuff but one of us had to be with Bec 247 so that she doesn't buy that mustard muffler on her own. Very not free.

Not forgetting the mad rush to write her birthday card when she was showering. The cue to write is when she is in the shower. So I started writing real quickly without much time to think through what to write and I passed the card over to Yvonne. She wrote so much or so slow until Bec was done with her shower. Then Yvon told me 'Stop her from coming out leh.' Wah lau. How to stop? Hold on tight to the toilet door knob? Or dance cha cha with her when she is walking out? What a lousy task.

After checking out while Bec re-checked in into her new room, we went to (is it) Gwangjang Market.

Acted like very happy and excited but all were dying from internal exhaustion.

Tteokbokki was on our food list but this is TOO spicy!


Is this Cheonggyechon stream?

Anyway, we took a couple of single shots here but forgot about a wefie.



By the time we remembered about wefie, we left that prime spot. So we randomly took a wefie and realise that there is no stream,

Not sure if we were dumb or just too tired that morning, we squatted into some ramdon bush for the wefie and that glimpse of stream.

The it strike us that we could actually ask for help! 

So we had a round of scissors paper stone to determine the lose who will in turn ask for help, I lost and we approached these 2 youngsters for help. Obviously, I asked the cuter one and the camera was already almost in his hand when his 'helpful' friend said he will do it. Too tired to bio them so as long as the picture is taken with the stream, we are fine with anyone.

After the leisure walk, we were probably too tired to do anything. Even shopping doesn't excite us. We made our way back to the hotel for a drink. Debrief or chit chat but it was a good summarised conversation of our 5 days in Korea.

Unexpectedly, it has been a fantastic trip. I mean I have no doubt that it will be fun but I couldn't find a better word other than fantastic! Yes, girls trips are always fun, especially when we are in a land of handsomes and can go wild in the streets, in shopping, in clubs. But I guess what makes this trip soooo fun is that we have much more understanding, coordination and tolerance towards one another. We had crazy conversations and equally crazy stunts. Though itinerary was totally messed up, we had fun even by just walking randomly. I probably never talked and laughed so much in my life except the 5 days in Korea.

Fantastic Seoul ended with Yvon and I making a move for the airport first. I kinda regretted leaving the hotel that late cause I had just enough time to check in at the airport. No time to walk around or even grab a drink.

Seoul, you be good and wait for the 3 pretty SG girls to return again! If anyone compliments that we are pretty again, girls, please hold me back.

Ellui Ellui Ellui!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to learn some simple korean phrases. ileum-i mwo-eyo?

No comments: