Friday 11 December 2015

Bali June 2015

Last travelled with the folks 2 years ago. We brought them to HK but the trip didn't turn out as well as I expected. First, Dad was always grumpy about us being late. I mean... Come on lah. I had a 5 and 3 years old with me. This one forgot about her water bottle. That one could not find her socks. Here drag there drag and if we were only late by 10 minutes, it ought to be considered a miracle!

We wanted them to enjoy HK so we brought them to nice restaurants that cost quite a fair bit and these folks complained about not eating street food like 鱼旦. In short, I felt unappreciated and gave up.

After 2 years, you forgot about all the pain and shit that you went through so I suggested going away again. My initial plan was to go Penang but Mum's dunno-which-random friend told her that Bali is very fun. The 1st thing that I associated with Bali is it is very expensive.

I gathered that Mum really wants to go Bali since it was so highly recommended by her friend. So I put the 5 of us on Tiger Air and off we go to Bali.

The folks became much more accomodating after 2 years.

The super excited kiddos.

It was a short flight and I am GLAD that it was a short flight. The seat nearly killed my back! 

We arrived in the evening and we ended the night with room service.

Our 2 bedroom villa at Nunia. Nothing extravgant but I like it enough. I guess Mum felt really insecure staying in a villa. First, she checked, double checked, triple checked that the main door is secure. Next, she reminded me super MANY times not to shower in the open shower as someone may climb over the wall to peep. Seriously??? To add on to her many 'stunts', she reminded me umpteen times to lock my room door and when I have locked it, she played with my door for at least 10 seconds to ensure that it is locked locked. 

I need to make sure that the folks enjoy themselves so I did a lot of homework on what and where to bring them. I mean... They are not beach people so I have no idea why they want to go Bali. What else is there to do here??? 

While waiting for our car for the day tour, the girls entertained themselves at the pool.

We started the day at Bali Zoo. Expensive loh. Small zoo and each family could only bring in 1 bottle of water, provided you have young children.


Caught the bird show to entertain the girls but I realised the folks turned into children as well. Sad leh~


Covered the small zoo in no time.

This would make a perfect family picture but Valerie refused to take the picture with the 'scary' elephant.


Animal feeding. You pay a couple of dollars to get a bunch of greens to feed the deers and goats. You have the option to venture into thw compound to feed them or stay outside (like the girls did). Initially, we or rather I chose to go in. Bad move. The animals were SO hungry that they dashed towards me and even placed their fore hoofs on my body to go for the greens. Totally yiked me out and I threw in the white flag in 5 seconds. 

Valerie decided to take a picture after passing by for the 2nd time.

After having our lunch at the zoo, we drove over to Ubud for shopping. The folks really enjoyed the bargain shopping and prices are crazy! You could bargain till 20% of the original price.




Cheeky Belle acting cool sia~

While the pretty one is always silly -_-

It seems like a must to visit the coffee plantation in Bali so here we are! Nothing spectacular about the plantation except that it is cooling.

This elevated view will make a nice chill out spot.

We got to sample like 9 different coffee. The girls had the most fun doing the sampling. We all agreed that Coconut and Vanilla flavour were our favourites.

Then we drove to Ubud plantation for some photo-taking. I think Mum wanted to walk down to the plantation but I was not prepared for that and it will take an hour or so. Yup. I rejected her request. Haha.




We ended the night with supposedly nice crispy duck but I tell you ah... It is not nice.

Day 1 was kind of meant for the folks and day 2 was planned with the kids in mind. So upon Jess' recommendation, I booked a pony riding session for them. Expensive loh but since they were so looking forward to it, okay lah.

Both were excited but I guess they didnt realise ponies are not as small as they imagined.

So the size of the ponies freaked them out. Haha. I had to coax and scold before they eventually got onto the ponies.

See the sulky/ scared face.

Val didn't fare any better. :(

But the smiles returned after riding 2 rounds on the ponies.

Happy sia~


And HOT!

Next was grooming session where the kids get to groom and feed the ponies.


Yikes the tongue and saliva. Wergh~


Then we proceeded to the beach. Beach not nice one leh.


I love it when they do star jumps for me. It looked as if there was strong wind, it would carry her away.

How come they jump so easily and always complete it in one try?

A little walk around the shopping but that didn't interest anyone. I like the design of this cafe. I like how the seats can overlook the entire road.

Back to the villa after the hot walk.

I didn't know Mum did not know how to swim. Dad was't any better. All he did (when Mum was struggling in the pool) was just shouting at me 'Quick go help her!'.

For some odd reason, Belle was so excited and yet so afriad to go into the water. I took an hour to pacify her while Mum and Val had a fantastic time of their own.

We cuddled like this for an hour.

I love the sight of them playing (water) together. Mum is like a child. I think she enjoyed herself ttm.

I managed to get Belle out of her comfort zone to share a float with me.

It didn't really help much though.

Just when I thought it's time to call it a day, Belle finally found her courage to into the water. By then I was so tired that I left the 3 of them to play on their own. Mum accompanied them and played till 'seasick'. -_-'''

With the water play and Japanese dinner, we wrapped up our trip. Totally enjoyed this trip. I guess such zuo bo trip forced us to spend quality time together. I look forward to the next getaway with them.

No comments: