Wednesday 10 June 2015

Seoul is addictive! - Day 4

Leaves ootd.

Since we had an ootd theme for last Nov trip, we decided to continue for this 10D9N trip. Though it seems fun to have ootd, it is actually pretty tiring. Tiring in the sense that we need to think of themes, make sure the themes were not repeated in our previous trip and all themes actually suit everyone so that we do not look weird or have to update our wardrobe. I definitely must give Yvon credits for all the ootds. This mad woman probably came up with nearly all the suggestions. Well, she has the most extensive wardrobe and we did reject a few of her suggestions (ie: tweed). Then the next headache will be the matching and also coordination with one another so that we do not wear similar outfits.

I am amazed with Yvon. Most people will probably just think of floral right. She actually came up with 'leaves' ootd. Leaves leh! I wanted to wear one of my numerous floral piece (since most of them are probably accompanied with leaves) but we chanced upon this piece during one of our shopping trip into H&M. Effortlessly, she convinced me to buy it though it is too tight and too short. Anyway, I bought it and had a hard time matching. I even went all out to buy a high waist jeans (price tag is still on) but I decided to match my trustworthy black shorts.

I was lucky to spot this pretty black skirt in Hongdae. I thought it matches this top very nicely. Chio right, both the skirt and me. Keke.

The only to-do activity for the day was to visit the salon for a korean hairdo transformation. Since we were going to do our hair this afternoon, we decided to have a 'smelly' meal before the hair appointment. Grilled chicken stuff whereby each of us had to order a portion of meat, no sharing allowed. :( Since it was the first meal of the day, we didn't have much appetite so we ordered only chicken.

How did we decide to do our hair in Korea? I think Bec liked her last 'styled' kawaii hair a lot and she wanted to perm to that style. Yvon has always been perming her hair and it seems cheaper in Korea compared to HK so she was willing to perm in Korea. I guess I was probably the only one who hesitated.

I was indecisive whether to perm anot. I had permed hair for quite a period as well but I feel that permed hair made me look older and I didn't seem to look more chio in my older pictures. But somehow my natural hair became SO limp in SG so I decided to perm it in KR. Yet, this limp hair became very manageable, chio and straight for the first 4 days in KR. Irritating ttm right. I was so tempted to keep it straight when reality told me that my hair will become chui again when I return to our humid SG. So I went ahead for the perm. I had no idea what I want. I only know I wanted something that is not so curly and I must not look way older AND i must look pretty la. I am glad the stylist seemed to be able to read my mind and recommend accordingly. In the end, I went for a natural perm completed with a natural hair dye colour and sexy fringe. LOL. All decisions were made by the stylist.

I had permed enough hair to know that it will look more chio with coloured hair. Though the entire cost is way higher than what I would have to pay in SG, the thought of looking chio outweighs the monetary factor. Haha. So I kinda introduced the idea of 'dyeing our hair' to the girls. I guess Bec wasn't too sure about the idea as she didn't want to expose her hair to that many chemical treatments in one simgle session. Yvon probably had her natural colour for the longest time as well. 

Then the silly conversation took place.

Yvon: Unnie, you going to dye (die) ah?

After moments of silence, I answered 'Ya. 70 years later.' and all of us burst into laughter. Very rude la, this Yvon.

After like 6 to 7 hours in the salon, here we are looking SUPER chio with our new hair!

I am a SUPER satisfied customer. I have felt that satisfied right after a perm. My usual 1st question will be 'I look older right?' And I would spend the rest of the day looking into the mirror and convincing myself that I am chio. I probably asked if I look older in Korea but it took me only that few minutes to realise I am chio ttm la! Ok! May not be drop dead gorgeous but is like chio within my limits la. I am super satisfied with the curls and colours! I seriously think I look damn chio la (but I am mad as well). So chio until that I gave our picture the 1st like on FB and Yvon was the 2nd. Haha. Bec didn't like this picture as it wasn't 'her style'. Chey~

Yvon and I finished earlier so we went off for some light shopping. Though Bec didn't want us to wait for her, she didn't want us to leave as well. Haha. I had some gossip or bitching to share and she didn't want to miss it and didn't want me to share with Yvon first. Haha. Steady her one. We only bitched during dinner. 

So we settled dinner @ porridge place.

Very YUMMY porridge! Love it and it was completed with a hearty bitching session. Shiok ttm.

Spent the rest of night wandering and shopping around in Myeongdong. I think we caught one of the last trains back. Though we didn't have any night/ drinking activity, we still rested at around 1ish 2am. Tired ah~~~ Why always not enough sleep in Korea one?!?!?!?!

No comments: