Tuesday 3 February 2015

Grandma Birthday @ Malacca

The usual end of year Malacca trip. 

The pre-work to these trips is always frustrating. My mum will call and ask if we will be going back. Before I can give my answer, she will go on and on and on about grandma is getting on in age and we should cherish the moment and go back blah blah blah. This never fails to frustrate me ttm. Why? Because I have never for once said I am not going back! My standard reply is 'Let me know the dates and I will work the schedule around it'.

In the end, I decided to take leave on that friday and leave a bit earlier for Malacca on Christmas. This will give us 4D3N in Malacca but the mother who kept telling me about 'how old grandma is already' told me that she doesn't want to take leave as she wants to work la or she wants to half day on Christmas Day etc. This pissed me off big time again. Aren't you the one preaching about the need to go back to visit grandma?!?!?!?! So I am making all these arrangements so that you can spend more time with your mother but you want to earn money now!!!!! Du Lan.

Anyway... We still proceed with my plan to travel in on Christmas Day, right after lunch. Darl couldn't make it so he drove in with my Dad on Saturday. Massive jam for them.

After a couple of hours on the road (we were lost a little after exiting from the expressway), the kids warmed up with some bubble fun.



No one else has arrived except Chin's kiddos. So chubby.







Didn't do much on Day 1. Just nua a little at Grandma's place before we spent our night sleeping at (6th) Aunt's place.

Anyway, Mum loves shopping. So we spent Day 2 on manicure, pedicures and shopping for these ladies. Yes, these ladies. I didn't do any mani pedi but I did the shopping. Haha. All had fun.







Mum and Bro bought a kite for Belle but we can't fly the kite unless we go to that nearby beach. Please la. Where got time to go beach leh? We spent the whole day shopping liao. So "genius" Mum got them to fly the kite on the balcony. Ok. Balcony is big la but not THAT big k.

Anyway, it is a failure but Val was triggered by the funny attempts.

Mum really tried her best but Belle was not impressed at all. Her expression said it all 'I told you all cannot already. Only Daddy can fly the kite.' That pretty much sums up for Day 2.

Day 3 - Darl and Dad only arrived at around 2-3ish pm after  massive jam. After a quick lunch, we headed for some shopping again! Yes, I bought a lot of stuff k. Wondering what I can buy in Malacca as well? H&M and some random brand clothes, Jelly Bunny shoes, some household stuff. This entire trip cost  me S$500.

Day 4 was a short day. Woke up for some peranakan food and we  headed back to SG. The jam was so bad that we detoured for some dinner. Jam was still equally bad. Think we spent 2-3 hours in the jam and the car has to be (on the brink of) overheated at this moment. To ensure that we make it back to SG, we had to off the aircon but that was unbearable for the girls.

Self-entertained with her balloons.



But Val was too frustrated by the heat.



Ok lo. We entertain ourselves then.

Photo by Belle. The father and daughter makes a perfect pair at irritating at each other.

No comments: