Tuesday 15 December 2015

Seoul-ly Ours Nov 2015 - Day 1 & 2

My 3rd trip to Seoul within 12 months. Crazy right? I never thought that I would want to spend my money re-visiting the same country so many times within such a short span.

The 1st trip happened in Nov 2014 after me consistently pestering Bec to bring Yvon and I to Seoul with her and she did! That was an AMAZING trip! Amazing as it was a 7 years lapse from our last trip (to BKK in 2007)! Amazing as we had such a fantastic time that we created tons of laughter, fun and memories!! Amazing cause it was a all (crazy) girls trip!!! The time spent was too short that we made plans to return to Seoul again to continue all the fun that we had.

So we went back again in April 2015. Though we were back to continue the fun, the trip started off on a slightly different direction. This twist took the girly fun out of the trip. The trip was still enjoyable but we didn't mange to create the same kind of memories in Nov 2014. In fact, I can't remember much about the April trip despite spending 10 days. We still had short snippets of fun here and there but nothing memorable. On our way back from Seoul, I knew that was the end of the trio trip(s). It didn't bother me too much as travel buds usually make or break so apparently, we didn't survive.

A week or two after we returned, Yvon did initiate another trip again either in June or Sep but I wasn't keen. I mean we just returned leh. True, it was fun but not enough to get me hooked (but I could be hooked now though) so I didn't express any interest. Anyway, trio trip is unlikely to happen (soon).

I forgot how this Nov 2015 trip came about. I knew Bec will be going again for her birthday and she will be absolutely fine being alone. By right, I would not be keen cause I just returned from Seoul in April and I already spent 10 days in April. The only push and pull factor was that it was a duo trip. I mean Bec and I are probably at the peak of our friendship. We lunch and supper almost every week. We talk a lot. We text a lot. Yet there are still endless stuff to talk about. We are always racing against time. So being able to spend 10 full days with Bec alone was something that made me decide to go on this trip.

Despite us being so 'lovey-dovey' in our friendship, I had my fair share of concerns. 10 days leh and it is just the 2 of us. 2 of us mean we have to keep talking. I cannot afford to daze as there isn't someone else to fill in the gap. What if we run out of topics and have awkward silence moments? What if history repeats itself for this Nov trip? What if Bec is angry? Haha. I can only say I am VERY GLAD that both of us went for this trip. I would like to think that our friendship became stronger. Bec took good care of me in all matters. I woke up everyday to lemon water, breakfast, clean folded laundry and a clean house. Haha. Way better than having a personal butler. 

Before I go into the details of our duo bonding trip, I need to get this off my chest. I got these questions a lot. 'Go Korea again?' 'How many times have you go already?' 'Why always go Korea?' 'Got so many things to do in Korea meh?' Honestly, I do not understand why these questions were asked.

1. I am going to Korea on my own expenses. Not as if I use your money or time so why are you so concerned that I am going Korea AGAIN?

2. I used to travel to HK very frequently but why did you all not ask me the same question(s)?

3. People also ALWAYS go JB what, like every weekend. Why you all never ask why they keep go JB? Got so many things to do meh? In comparison ah, JB lagi nothing to do k. What can you do in JB over the weekend? Shopping, massage, wash car and eat seafood and lok lok loh. A lot of things to do meh? Not boring meh??? On a bad day, you could be trapped in a 2-3 hours jam to JB and another 2-3 hours jam to get back to SG. The total time spent in your vehicle is as long as us flying to Korea.

In short, if Hong no complains, I thank you all for being so concerned.

Day 1

It took us a relatively shorter time to plan for this trip. As usual, Bec took care of the itinerary while I handled the accommodation and air tickets.

Being the 3rd trip, we had already established some form of SOP. We met at the same time, flew out on the usual Friday wee morning, took the airport express to our accommodation and settled all miscellaneous stuff before hitting Myeongdong.

After some light unpacking and grocery shopping at Lotte Mart, we changed into our denim skirt OOTD. On this first day, I managed to impress Bec by understanding when the cashier asked if we were students. All credits to 270+ episodes of Running Man. Haha.

Bec knew that I would like to catch a glimpse of MY handsome Bao-Ge @ Namdaemum so our first stop had to be Namdaemum! It would be nice to warm ourselves with a piping hot bun as well. Bec asked what I would say to bao-ge when I see him. I told her 'I will tell him - See you at Ellui tonight' Haha. Sadly, we didn't manage to see bao-ge. We even walked by twice to confirm that he is NOT there.

A little disappointed as I could not see my first handsome korean but the hot bun made up for the disappointment. After grabbing the bun, we walked from Namdaemum to Myeongdong. We spent a short time in Myeongdong but achieved a lot. We shopped, ate (Army Stew) and styled our hair. Day 1 SOP checked!

After Myeongdong, we headed back home to prepare for Ellui! 

After 2 hours of preparation, we were ready for some dancing but there were no cabs!!! So we walked further up for a better chance. No cab still. The pasture seemed greener on the other side so we crossed the road. No luck. We split up and each of us stood on each side of the road. All cabs went into hiding. The cold was eating us up so we decided to join the super duper long queue over at the taxi stand. It was a cold torturous 35 minutes wait. We didn't talk for 35 minutes. Both of us were tempted to call it a night but we didn't. Heng ah. Ah bo I missed out on my favourite waiter.

We were there a little too early so we spent a little more time at the bar. This is my tall handsome bartender/ waiter. I like him and the best thing was he gave me a complimentary bottle of water! And he even opened it for me!! Happy max but also a bit idiotic like that. How old liao still act teenage girl. Haha.


After the drinks, we went for the awesome dance floor. It was fun but fun was short-lived for us as I became DEAD DRUNK. Easily the most drunk moment in my life. Haha. I used to be sleepy drunk where I will become super sleepy and keep telling others '1 minute'. I was 'sleeping' but I am aware of what is happening in the background. Then in recent years, I became soul-less. My body functions as per normal but I had no idea what is going on. Or rather I will suffer from memory loss the next day. That night... I was DEAD DRUNK. I went into deep sleep. Period. 

With some help, Bec managed to put me into a taxi and dragged me home. I could feel her holding me real tight and urging me to walk from the taxi back to the apartment. I "woke up" a little that moment and managed to walk really fast back to our apartment.

Yup, this concluded Day 1.

15,648 steps clocked on Day 1 and these are mainly from the walking from Seoul station to apartment and from Namdaemum or Myeongdong.

Day 2

After being dead drunk on the previous night, I still managed to wake up at 11am with the help of my alarm.

I woke up not knowing where I was. I mean... I opened my eyes a little and saw the white walls and thought I was back in my room in SG. Then I shocked myself up and recalled that I was supposed to be in Korea and true enough, I was. I looked at my clothes. I had changed into my pajamas (untidily) and I had removed my contact lens. I was like 'How did I do all these when I was dead drunk?'

Anyway, I went downstairs to attempt to prepare for the day but the hangover was sooooooooo bad that I was literally dying. I never ever had such a bad hangover. I had no choice but to pang seh Bec and told her to continue the day without me. Though I was dying from hangover, I was dying from guilt as well. First, I was drunk and gave Bec problems. As a result of me being dead drunk, she lost her handphone. One of the worst thing to happen to anyone! And as I was having my hangover, she had to spend the day by herself. I couldn't tell her much except to tell her that I am dying and please go ahead without me. I went back to sleep till 5pm. 


I was so afraid that Bec would be angry with me for being drunk, for causing her to lose her handphone and for sleeping in till 5pm but I knew she love me when she came back with porridge and hangover drinks (which were not hangover drinks at all).

This table is our favourite spot! The spot where we do our make-up, have our meals and all our interactions. Perfect spot in the house!

So we had a simple dinner and a good debrief of last night. Bec was not angry and she even suggested not going out that night so that I can have more rest. But how can I pang seh her again when I already did so in the daytime? Anyway, I was already feeling good enough so I managed to convince her to prepare for Octagon.  

After another 2 hours, we were ready for Octagon! I am glad that we went as Bec found her new DJ love and I found my own love too. Haha. I was sober this night as I was (initially) not allowed to drink. I didn't want to drink too  as I could feel my body intoxicated with the alcohol. Bec said I was no fun without alcohol so I was allowed 2 glasses. Yippee!!!

Only 3,571 steps clocked for Day 2. I was sleeping for the entire day. As the timeline showed, the steps were clocked in between 12am to 6am when we were still in Ellui the previous night and around 11pm when we just reached Octagon. All dancing and drunk steps. Haha.

19,653 steps clocked for Day 3 including the dancing over at Octagon.

Day 3 to be updated in the next post.

No comments: